- Hunt Trail Conditions May 15, 2015
Rangers have checked conditions on the Hunt Trail (A.T.) and The Owl. At about 3,300' elevation on the Hunt Trail, we have 3-5' snow in places in the trail, with more challenging ice conditions above. Over on the Owl we found 20"+ in the trail at about 3,000' elevation, continuous posthole conditions and numerous blowdowns needing to be cleared. All Katahdin trails remain closed at this time. Thank you for your patience.
DAY USE PARKING SYSTEM
- Maine residents can make a DUPR for any time in the summer season as of April 1 (must have a Maine driver's license and registration).
- Non-residents can make a DUPR 2 weeks or less prior to the date of their intended hike.
- A maximum of 3 DUPRs per month can be made by residents and non-residents.
- The fee for a DUPR is $5.00.
Earth Day Celebration At Baxter
Baxter State Park invites the public to join Park staff and volunteers for our annual Baxter State Park Roadside Litter Patrol from Millinocket to Togue Pond Gate. Saturday, May 2nd; 9 am to 12 noon. For complete details are in the Earth Day Flyer.
Baxter Park Completes Search and Rescue Data Review:
The Park has recently completed a comprehensive review of all Search and Rescue incidents filed over the past 22 years. The analysis of the data will help the Park to better communicate with visitors about the risks of wilderness travel and to prepare Park Rangers to better assist visitors in need.