Daicey Pond Campground
Daicey Pond is one of the Park's most popular destinations and offers great views and fishing on Daicey Pond and hiking access to many other backcountry ponds and mountains.
Summer Season: May 15 - October 15 Winter Season: December 1 - March 31
- 10 cabins of varied design and size (wilderness type)
- Cabins are equipped with beds, a stove for heat and gas lights. (All bedding and cooking utensils MUST be provided by the camper.)
- Pit and Vault outhouses
- no showers
- Canoeing (rentals available)
- Skiing (winter only)
Detailed Cabin Information:
- Fees for cabins vary. When considering cabin capacity of all facilities, each child is counted as one individual regardless of age. Capacity of cabins is restricted.
- Water is from the pond, treatment is recommended. No spigots at Daicey Pond.
- All cooking is to be done outside the cabins. No cooking inside. A fireplace and picnic table is provided with each cabin at Daicey Pond. You may use Coleman-style stoves on the porches of the cabins, if you wish.
- Inside is a small wood stove used for heat only. Wood is provided, you will need to split it and a maul is provided at the wood shed.
- Inside are propane lights. Propane is provided. There are no lights in the bedrooms. Lanterns and flashlights are recommended.
- Outhouses are located throughout the campground.
- Bedding is not provided. This is a wilderness cabin. You will need a sleeping bag or sheets, blankets and pillows.
- General Information:
- This is a wilderness campground. You will need to bring all meal supplies. There are no stores within Baxter Park to obtain food or meals. Groceries can be purchased in the nearby towns. Millinocket is located 20 miles from Togue Pond gate at the south entrance and Patten is located 24 miles from the Matagamon gate at the north entrance.
You need to bring dishes, cooking utensils, gas stove for cooking, basins for washing dishes and self, bucket to carry water from pond, cooler, gas lanterns, towels, bedding, and anything else to make you and your family more comfortable during your stay.